Balltoro is sport platform and sport marketing company, headquartered in Thailand.
Any member of the Balltoro group may use and share, within that group and with its advisors, the information you provide and other information it holds about you for the purposes set out below.
Certain group entities such as, The Cloud and NOW TV may have specific privacy notices on their websites, so please check to make sure you are informed of how they use your information.
- Types of information we may hold about you and where it comes from
- Information you've provided to us, including on our websites or when you access our services through applications on websites operated by other organisations.
- Information about our content, products and services you've ordered or enquired about.
- Information provided by other companies who've obtained your permission to share information about you.
- Information, uploads, user generated content and comments you make about the shows, channels, programmes, advertisements, products and services you use, for example how you access, view, share, contribute to, communicate with, record or fast forward them.
- Information we collect from the devices (including your viewing card) you use to receive Balltoro content, products and services about your use of Balltoro and/or selected third party content, products and services. For more information on cookies and how to manage them, please see the section on cookies.
- IP address, identification number, online identifier, location data and other similar identifying information required for your devices to communicate with websites and applications on the internet.
- Technical information from the devices you use to receive Balltoro content, products and services, for example, the collection of diagnostic and traffic information. Note that many devices will have their own privacy settings and notices under which they may collect your information, so you may wish to check your device settings to get details of such processing.
- How we may use your information
We need your information so that we can, in accordance with the contract you have with us, provide you with content, products, services, tailored and personalised recommendations, general account management, and the management of traffic across our network. In addition to using your information for such purposes, we may also use your information in the following ways:
- To monitor, improve and protect our content, products and services, work with our agents and business partners to improve the products and services we offer, and develop new content, products and services.
- We may share information with credit reference, fraud prevention agencies, entities in which we hold a share of the ownership and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud detection and debt recovery purposes.
- We may transfer your information to our data processors outside the European Economic Area, but will do so with appropriate measures and controls in place to protect that information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations and regulatory guidance. In all instances, we will take into account the nature of the information we are transferring, and the level of protection provided by those processors.
- If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, the details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We, our shared ownership group entities and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example when: checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities; managing credit and credit related accounts and facilities; recovering debt; checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance or other types of financial services; or checking details of job applications and employees. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies. Please contact us if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies.
- For market research.
- To enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements; to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party; in the detection and prevention of fraud and other crimes; and for the purpose of safeguarding someone’s vital interests, national security, responding to statutory obligations or requests from the courts and enforcement authorities.
- We may disclose your information to any successors of our business for them to use for the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
Unless you've asked us not to:
- To send you periodic newsletters and other information about content, products and services you have chosen or are entitled to receive.
- To send you direct marketing. This may include communications by post, telephone, SMS or email, about us and our business partners’ content, products and services, events and special offers, including, where applicable, for a reasonable time after you have ceased to be a customer of ours.
- To provide you with more relevant tailored advertising. Balltoro can serve different ads to groups of different Balltoro households watching the same programme. We use the information we hold about you and your household, to make some of the adverts you see and the offers you receive more relevant. This is done using a process that helps to make sure that advertising plays out when a chosen audience of types of households is most likely to be watching. We retain your information in accordance with our group data retention and deletion policies. These set out the criteria we use to determine how long we keep information, what measures we put in place to keep your information safe and secure, and with whom we may share your information. When deciding what to retain, we take into account what information we need to best provide you with products, goods and services, manage your relationship with us and meet our statutory obligations.
- Your preferences
If you wish to adjust what information we use or how we use it, you can do so via your My Balltoro account or by contacting us. Please note that we may need certain information to enable us to provide you with the products, goods and services you ask for, so changes you make to your preferences or restrictions you ask us to make on how we use your data may affect what services we can provide.
Marketing and tailored advertising
You can choose not to receive direct marketing or tailored advertising. You can adjust your preferences in the following ways: via your My Balltoro account, by calling us on 03442 414 141 (in the ) or 0818 719 819 (in ROI), by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in marketing information from us.
Online behavioural advertising
You should be aware that when you access or use our content, products and services, we may collect information from the devices you use to receive Balltoro content, products and services by using 'cookies'.
If you'd like to learn how to manage these cookies and choose whether or not to receive information of different types, please see the section "Controlling My Cookies" below.
- What are cookies and how do they work?
- How we show advertising and marketing that is relevant to your interests
We sell space on some of our websites to advertisers. The resulting adverts often contain cookies. The advertiser uses the browsing information collected from these cookies to:
- restrict the number of times you see the same ad (frequency capping) and
- help show other advertisements that are relevant to you while you're accessing our information. This information about your browsing activity may be grouped with information about what is being accessed by other users, into interest groups, and then used to show you advertisements based on those interests. This is often called online behavioural advertising (OBA). OBA is a way of using information about your web-browsing activity, collected by using cookies, to group you with other users into interest groups and show you advertisements based on those interests.
- Cookies Explained
- Controlling my Cookies
We will occasionally update this privacy notice. We will post a notice of any material changes on our website prior to implementing the changes, and, where appropriate, notify you using any of the contact details we hold for you for this purpose. We encourage you to periodically review this notice to be informed of how we use your information.
This Privacy and Cookies Notice was last updated Spring 2016.